MON PETIT AVATAR

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Everything Thai

2 ply

Simple and chic pattern
Generally, I am not a big fan of silk except for a colorful shawl and scarf, under the impression that silk is meant for golden ager. However, I did stop by some silk shops with a friend who is clearly in love with silk. Thus I found out that Thai silk sold in our hometown are remarkably expensive than here. It is amazing to see different pattern of fabric, color, grades and contemporary and traditional style of garments made of silk @ boutiques. Most silks are from Nakhon Ratchasima (Khorat), one of the northeastern provinces in Thailand, and we can also find silk of Chiang Mai as well. I will go see Kanok @ Yangon to confirm the price differences in the coming week. Yes, I am going home, again.

Phad Thai
Fried rice with shrimp
Crispy Fried Watercress Salad
As a result, we spend our spare time shopping for family and friends, and don’t have time to eat at home. Friday’s dinner wasn’t bad at all, considering the fact that we ate ramen for two consecutive days. We chose B resto @ Soi Rangnam, where we can enjoy both Thai and Italian food. I was so ready to eat rice, so I ordered fried rice for myself, and Phad Thai for my hubby, and crispy fried watercress salad as an appetizer. For me, the combination between the crispiness of fried watercress and sweet and sour dressing were impossible to forget and can’t wait to go back there just for that appetizer. I couldn't resist taking our food pictures though it was kind of late and the light in the resto didn't do any good to my poor phone camera.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment