MON PETIT AVATAR

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Rice Vermicelli Lunch


That morning I woke up around 5:30 and decided to go to the nearby market. I walked from my place to 7/11 to pay the bills first, and headed for the market. As I walked across the shops, I saw rice vermicelli vendor and got the idea of eating that with the green curry and make rice vermicelli salad for my significant other, as he is not a big fan of spicy, sweet, creamy dish. Recipe for green curry? Well, I am not proud to let you know that I used ready-made paste for the soup, the usual ingredients such as chicken, oil, coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar, red chili, kaffir lime leaf, eggplant, and sweet basil. Why am I not proud? Those vegetables were resting in the fridge for a week and the color of the sweet basil could have been greener if I cooked the dish sooner.



I stir-fried the chicken, set aside, fried green curry paste with left over oil, coconut milk until fragrant. Then added water to boil, seasoned with sugar and fish sauce. Added chicken, eggplant and let them boil until soft, (just the way I prefer) and finally added sweet basil, chili, kaffir lime leave and remaining coconut milk. At lunch, while I enjoyed eating the chicken green curry with rice vermicelli, my other half, didn’t even glance at my green curry, had simple and delicious rice vermicelli salad with the soup (not in photo). I am happy and feel blessed because he is not complaining about any food I make for him and never fails to compliment on my cooking.


9 comments:

JuneOne said...

I am happy and feel blessed because he is not complaining about any food I make for him and never fails to compliment on my cooking.


အိမ္ကလူလဲဒီအတိုင္းပဲ။ဒီေတာ့ ကိုယ့္လက္ရာသိပ္ေကာင္းဆိုၿပီး ပီတိအၿမဲၿဖစ္ရတယ္။ဟီ ဟိ

Baby taster said...

အယ္ မြန္ေလး.......... ရွင္ကိုယ့္ကို သေရက်ေအာင္သိတ္လုပ္
ကဲန္ခရိုး၀မ္ အေသၾကိဳက္ ငါးဆုပ္ျပဳပ္ျပီးခ်က္ထားတာနဲ႔ ပိုၾကိဳက္တယ္
မုန္႔တီနဲ႔ ပိုလိုက္ေပါ့။ ထိုင္းဟင္း အကုန္လံုးနီးပါးၾကိဳက္တယ္

ေခ်ာ(အစိမ္းေရာင္လြင္ျပင္) said...

ကၽြန္မလဲထိုင္းဟင္းေတြရဲ႕ အရသာကို ၾကိဳက္တယ္။
မုန္႕တီသုပ္က ၾကည္႕တာနဲ႔ အရသာေကာင္းမဲ႔ပုံမွန္းသိသာေစခ်င္

Cameron said...

မြန္႔ခ်စ္ခ်စ္က ယိုးဒယားအုန္းႏို႔မုန္႔ဟင္းခါး မစားႏိုင္လို႔ မုန္႔ဖတ္သုပ္လုပ္ေပးလိုက္ရတာလား....း)

ခင္တဲ႔
မိုးေငြ႔

စူးနွယ်လေး said...

ဒီကလည္းအစပ္မစားႏိုင္ဘူးေနာ္ မုန္႔ဖတ္သုတ္ပဲစားမယ္...
အေျပးအလႊားလာႏႈတ္ဆက္သြားတယ္ :D

ညီလင္းသစ္ said...

ုမုန္႔တီသုပ္ကိုေတာ့ သြားရည္က်သြားတယ္ဗ်ိဳ႕...၊ အရည္နဲ႔လည္း ေကာင္းမွာ ေသခ်ာတယ္..။

Mon Petit Avatar said...

သားသားနဲ႕မီးမီး ေမေမJune One ေရအိမ္မွာလဲ အဲလိုဘဲ ဟီး။

Babyေရငါးနဲ႕ခ်က္တာမစားဘူးဖူး ခ်က္ရင္ တင္ေနာ္။

တို႕လဲ ထိုင္းဟင္း အခ်ိဳ႕ အရသာကို ၾကိဳက္တယ္ေခ်ာ။

ထိုင္းစာကို ခ်ိဳရင္မစားတဲ့ သူအတြက္ မုန္႕တီက ခ်ဥ္ ငံ စပ္ သူ႕အၾကိဳက္ မိုးေငြ႕ေလး။

စူးႏြယ္ေလး take care, e-coli ကိုသတိထားေနာ္။

ကံေကာင္းေထာက္မစြာနဲ႕အရသာရွိသြားတဲ့မုန္႔တီသုပ္ကိုလာအားေပးတာေက်းဇူးပါကိုညီလင္းသစ္။

လၿပည္႔ရိပ္ said...

စားခ်င္လိုက္တာ... ေကာင္းမယ့္ပံုေလး ..:)

Baby taster said...

ေ၀့.................... ဘယ္ေတြေလွ်ာက္လည္ေနျပန္ျပီလဲဟင္
ေၾသာ္ သူမ်ားေတြမ်ား ခရီးေတြ ဆက္တိုက္ ထြက္ေနရတယ္ေနာ္
ကိုယ့္ကိုယ္ကိုယ္ေတာင္ သနားလာျပီ ဟင့္ :( သတိရလို႔ လြမ္းလို႔ လာလည္ပါတယ္ေအ။ ရွင့္ စာေလး စီပံုးမွာ မေတြ႔၇င္
တခုခုလိုေနတယ္ လိုေနတယ္ ေပးပါ ေပးပါ ဟဟ :P

Post a Comment