MON PETIT AVATAR

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Ambiguity



Disaster warning has issued for Bangkok and everyone is aware of growing flood threat and prepares to brace for inundation. Though I live in soi-disant low risk area, my stress level has risen every time I watch news. My thoughts ware oscillating between anxiety and calmness during these days: evacuate before too late or sit, wait and prepare for the worst.  I have been asked two popular questions by my fellow Bankokians several times: “Have you stockpiled food?” and “Has the flood reached to your doorstep?”. When it comes to storing up food, I am clueless and dumb: rice, water, oil and that’s about it and honestly I can’t compete with the frenzied shoppers. By the way, you can buy gold anywhere in Bangkok, but bottled water are scarce and I feel like a fool wandering around empty shelves supermarket.

This is the time I wish I were a guy, who can heave sandbags and help the victims, rather than someone rely entirely on some person. So-called flood holidays (27-31 October) officially begin and I have no idea what to do, and definitely not comfortable about being a sitting duck at my own place. Even though I live in multi-storey building, it is still stressful, please try not to laugh at my inquietude: if the flood reaches the designated point, electricity will be cut off, and probably no water supply. As for house protection, all I can do is help heaving sand bags around the building, check the community Facebook page for coming up meetings, and hope for the best. One major problem is getting myself informed though I watch news, connected with social pages, and read the news websites incessantly. I don’t want to participate in blame-game played by politicians and not really fond of media circus and attention hungry politicians. All I want is accurate and up-to-date information of what to expect in coming days. Accepting reality and adjusting myself to new situation are not that easy and I am really grateful for those who care about my well-being.  Ta-ta for now and wish all the best of luck to flood victims.
Flood Battle Spectacular
                                  Thailand pictures , news in pictures , photo in Thailand

8 comments:

rose said...

Oh... Take care of yourself, sis. Maybe you should collect like instant noodle packets, biscuits, drinking water etc, it's just my suggestion. Hope everything will be back to normal soon. Don't be upset, sis. Smile :)!

Baby taster said...

အစစ အရာရာ အဆင္ေျပပါေစ မြန္ေလး

ေစာ(အဝါရောင်မြေ) said...

ေအာ္ ထိုင္းမွာလား။ က်မၼာေရးလည္း ဂရုစိုက္ပါ။ အစားႏွင့္ ေရေတြ နိုင္သေလာက္စုျပီး၊ သင့္တင့္တဲ့ ပမာဏကို စား။ ျပီး သတင္းေတြ နားေထာင္။ ခုအားတုံး ဘုရားစာေတြလည္း ရြတ္ေနေပါ့ကြယ္။ သတင္းႏွင့္ အညီ ကိုယ္ဘာလုပ္ရလဲ ဆုံးျဖတ္နိုင္တာေပါ့။ က်မၼာပါေစ လိ့ု ပဲ ဆုေတာင္းေပးပါတယ္ကြယ္။

Cameron said...

ေရလႊမ္းတာ မြန္တို႔ေနရာေရာပါလား...စိတ္ပူလိုက္တာ...။ ေမးခ်င္ေနတာ ခုတေလာလိုင္းကမေကာင္းလို႔ ...။

ေခ်ာ(အစိမ္းေရာင္လြင္ျပင္) said...

မမြန္..
အႏၱရာယ္ကင္း ေဘးရွင္းပါေစလို႔ ဆုေတာင္းေပးပါတယ္။
အစစ အဆင္ေျပပါေစေနာ္။။
ဂရုစိုက္ပါ..

Iora said...

မြန္..
စိတ္ေအးခ်မ္းသာစြာနဲ ့အားလံုုးအဆင္ေျပပါေစလိုု ့..
(သတိရေနတာ).

San San Htun said...

ဘန္ေကာက္ၿမိ ု ့ၾကီး ဗင္းနစ္ၿမိ ု ့ၿဖစ္ဆိုကတည္းက မမြန္ကို သတိရေနတာ..အစစ အရာရာ အဆင္ေၿပပါေစလို ့ ...

Mon Petit Avatar said...

Thank you all my friends for your support, and suggestions (which means so much to me )!!!

Post a Comment