MON PETIT AVATAR

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tom Yum Nam Khon Kung (ต้มยำน้ำข้นกุ้ง)

Tom Yum Nam Khon Kung (ต้มยำน้ำข้นกุ้ง) is less popular version of Tom Yum Kung (ต้มยำกุ้ง), where coconut milk is added in the broth. I really like eating it, whether from the food court or from the restaurant. When I cook at home, I use the following basic ingredients: shrimp, mushrooms, chili (not shown in the picture), galangal, onion, garlic, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, lime juice, tomatoes, fish sauce, coriander, tom yum paste, coconut milk and no sugar as I don’t like putting them in the soup.




Of course we can add fish, chicken, squid, etc. and can use the chicken stock for the soup. Instead of boiling water first, I started by heating a little bit of oil, added onion and garlic, galangal, lemongrass, fish sauce and waited for a few minutes. Then added the mix Tom Yum paste with water. Later, I added mushroom, shrimp, kaffir leave, chili, tomatoes and my favorite coconut milk. It tastes better than I thought it would be and I am pleased with the outcome. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment